THEMES OF THE WSF 2018: TOPICS
- Ancestrality, Earth and Territoriality
- Communication, Technologies and Free Media
- Cultures of resistances
- Democratization of the Economy
- Development, Social and Environmental Justice
- Right to the City
- Human Rights
- Education and Science for Emancipation and Sovereignty of Peoples
- Feminism and Women’s Struggle
- Future of the WSF
- LGBTQI + and Gender Diversity
- Anticolonial Fights
- World of Work
- A World without Racism, Intolerance and Xenophobia
- Peace and Solidarity
- Indigenous People
- Black Lives Matter
In this edition, the WSF 2018 decided to innovate by adding to the Theme Axes some LEMAS. The aim of slogans and flags is to contribute to the process of mobilization and articulation of resistances between them. Slogans are open and can be proposed by networks, platforms, organizations and social movements. In the same way, the registered activities can be associated to the slogans constituting thematic collectives that will be organized as such in the General Program of the WSF 2018.
– Life is not merchandise
– Art before it’s too late
– Boycotts, Divestments and Sanctions
– Citizens Without Borders
– Against genocide and the imprisonment of black youth
– Demarcation, Already
– Equal Rights, a pending agenda
– Change the System, Not the Climate!
– Nothing about us, without us!
“No right less!”
– Another Economy Happens
– For another possible world, other communication is necessary.
– If living is a privilege, occupy is a right!
– Work, Food and Dignity for all!
If you identify with any of the mottos already suggested, make your choice. Otherwise, propose a motto that represents your struggle or cause.