Tema - Território
Descrição / Relato
The proposal is to promote a debate on the (non) realization of the Human Right to Adequate Food and Nutrition in the world and, from a participatory diagnosis, to think about global and local strategies to strengthen struggles for food sovereignty and the realization of the RTFNn. The debate will be based on four initial speeches on some strategic topics from the GNRTF:
1) Legal frameworks for RTFN
2) Hunger and false solutions
3) Women’s rights and feminism
4) Politicization of Food and Nutrition
With the outcome of the discussions, we also hope to contribute to the initiative of the CFS/FAO’s Civil Society Mechanism (CSM) of coordinating an independent monitoring process of the Voluntary Guidelines to support the progressive realization of the right to adequate food in the context of national food security. The objectives of this exercise of CSM include:
1. Document progress on actual implementation of the Right to Food, looking beyond the existence of laws and policy frameworks;
2. Make visible the policies and practices of governments, third parties and international organizations which give rise to violations, or prevent the realization of the Right to Food;
3. Create an updated normative framework of the Right to Food, which has developed from and since the Right to Food Guidelines.
Date(s) - 15/03/2018
14:00 - 17:00 .